Meet the Team
Katherine Tibor Doctor of Chiropractic and Clinic Director
- I enjoy helping people of all ages reap the benefits of chiropractic care; I love seeing them live happier and healthier lives.
- I commonly treat people with sports injuries, disc herniations, repetitive/overuse strains, headaches, neck pain, and general stress/tension. I help pregnant women experiencing low back pain and leg pain, and who want help to ease the upcoming birthing process. I enjoy treating children; helping to curb scoliosis, improve their posture/ergonomics at school/home, and teach them how a healthy nervous system affects their overall health. I am trained in gait analysis and fitting of customized orthotics.
- Joined Balanced Health Care team in 2007; became Clinic Director, 2009
- Bachelor of Science (Hons.) in Human Biology, Univ. of Toronto, 2002
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College, 2006
- Certified in Active Release Techniques, Graston Technique and Webster Technique
- Training and certification in Pregnancy and Pediatrics Care, International Chiropractic Pediatric Association
- Ongoing education in new chiropractic techniques and evidence-based clinic practices
Lisa Decandia Registered Homeopath, Registered Bio-Energetics Practitioner
- Since 2000, I have operated a family homeopathic practice. I also can use Bio-Energetic Intolerance Elimination to supplement client care.
- I treat a very broad range of conditions including women’s issues (PMS, menstrual difficulties, infertility, menopause); and children’s issues (chronic ear infections, asthma, autism, ADD/ADHD).
- Joined Balanced Health Care team in 2008.
- Bachelor degree, Science and Art (Hons.), York University
- Registered Homeopath, Canadian College of Homeopathic Medicine
- Certificate in Advanced Homeopathic Studies
- Masters Degree, Science -Homeopathy, University of Central Lancashire, 2013
- Studied with renowned Canadian homeopath André Saine, and East Indian Homeopath Dr. José Isaac, Professor of Kerala Homeopathic Medical College.
- Past member, Board of Directors, Canadian Society of Homeopaths.
- Registered Bio-Energetics (BIE) Practitioner
Dr. Diane Peters Naturopathic Doctor
- My primary goal is for my patients to achieve optimal health by providing guidance and all the necessary tools for them to reach reestablish their natural balance and achieve their optimum health on all levels: physical, mental and spiritual.
- I treat a variety of health conditions including anxiety, depression, digestive disorders, arthritis, high blood pressure, cardiovascular diseases and thyroid conditions. I have expertise in women's health issues such as menopause, and weight management.
- My treatment methods include nutritional counselling, botanical medicine, lifestyle counselling, and traditional Chinese acupuncture, applying the most appropriate treatment for each individual.
- Joined Balanced Healthcare Team in 2010.
- Bachelor of Science – Life Science (Hons.) (Pre-med) McMaster University
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine
- Member, College of Naturopathic Doctors of Ontario
- Also having a practice in Durham Region, two-time winner of Best Naturopath, Ajax/Pickering News Reader's Choice Award, 2010 & 2011
Tania Hart Registered Massage Therapist
- I have a passion for working with all people, from young children to seniors. By taking an integrated treatment approach, I treat the body as a whole unit to encourage the body to return to a natural balance and promote healing to achieve optimal health.
- Depending on an individual's unique healthcare needs, I can make use of Soft Tissue Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Muscle Energy Testing, Cranial Sacral Techniques, and Deep Tissue and Prenatal and Postnatal Massage.
- Joined Balanced Health Care in 2012
- Registered Massage Therapist, Elmcrest College of Applied Health Sciences, 2007
- Registered Massage Therapist, Centennial College Advanced Massage Therapy Program, 2009
- Member of the Registered Massage Therapy Association of Ontario, 2009
- Cranial Sacral Therapy Certificate, The Advanced Cranial Therapy Centre, 2015