Our Naturopath Dr. Diane Peters uses acupuncture when appropriate, having many years of training and experience.
Hair-thin sterilized, single-use acupuncture needles are inserted into the skin at or near meridian points to a depth of no more than a half-inch to an inch. Although this sounds uncomfortable, acupuncture treatments are most often very relaxing and involve minimal, if any, pain. Depending on your own personal issues, you may require a series of treatments. However, many people report that they feel much better even after one treatment.
Although needles seldom draw blood, if you have a tendency to bleed or bruise easily, are taking anti-coagulant medication or if you are a hemophiliac, acupuncture may not be for you.
Acupuncture can help treat:
- Addictions to alcohol, nicotine and other drugs
- Circulatory disorders (e.g. anaemia, angina pectoris, arteriosclerosis, hypertension)
- Digestive disorders (e.g. such as anorexia, chronic diarrhoea, constipation, food allergies, gastritis, indigestion, intestinal weakness, nausea following surgery, ulcers)
- Emotional & psychological disorders (e.g. anxiety, depression)
- Neuromusculoskeletal conditions (e.g. arthritis, back/neck/shoulder pain, carpal tunnel syndrome, dizziness, headaches, insomnia, migraines, tennis elbow)
- Respiratory disorders (e.g. allergies, asthma, bronchitis, emphysema, neuralgia, sinusitis)
- Women's health issues (e.g. infertility, menopause symptoms, menstrual cramps)